Audiostream for rondo3

MarkRichards

I’m looking at this for the rondo3 version of Audiostream.      
https://www.medel.com/en-gb/hearing-solutions/accessories/connectivity/audiostream-adapter

This is a step forward for rondo connectivity for sure.   But I was hoping that it would support streaming from my iPhone (not android) to both my hearing aid and rondo3     That doesn’t seem to be an option.

i assume it also would not support streaming to a rondo3 in one ear and some kind of Bluetooth earbud in the other    

no auracast support?

Sorry - there is some discussion on this in the Audiostream list. 

• HearPeers Heroes

@MarkRichards

From the info on the Med-El sites it seems to be an equivalent of the AudioStream for Sonnet/Sonnet2.

Android phones offer dual streaming so that is why a HA & AudioStream can both receive the streamed sound.

iPhones do not support that yet.

I agree that seems to be the goal - port Audiostream to Rondo3.   And, assuming it works, it is certainly impressive.  
Still, I do think they could/should have aimed higher and supported auracast.   This would have been consistent with med-el’s “we work with any hearing aid” position.   Acknowledge that i’d still need an auracast phone for this to be useful.

oh well. 

• HearPeers Heroes

@MarkRichards

I am VERY excited for AuraCast as well.  I hope Med-El introduces it soon.

@MarkRichards I understand the frustration but this isn't a Med-El issue. The single device support issue is an Apple issue and the Auracast roll out is dictated by government approval process. 

I guess.    I see streaming as a mess in the Med-El world.   The closest I've come to streaming to my rondo and ha is the telecoil the implementation of which was broken (clicking noise) and, as far as i can tell, never fixed (putting the rondo into airplane mode is not a solution).   

Auracast would get us closer to more flexible, standards compliant, streaming.   If approvals are a problem Med-El could simply indicate that the device is Auracast-ready pending approval.   Hearing aids are certainly moving in that direction - why not processors?

Just have to wait to see the specs and all that when the AudioStream for Rondos is released (mostly likely) in Europe as it hasn't been approved by the FDA in the US yet so nobody can or will say anything about it right now.

• HearPeers Heroes

@John F

Recently there has been information online about it.  I did a Google search and read about it.  So far it sounds like the AudioStream for Sonnet/Sonnet2.  I am wondering if the mix ratio can be changed by our audiologists like they can do for the Rondo 3 telecoil adapter.  I have not seen any info about that yet.

• 2 weeks later...

Noticed this:  

Using the Phone

Hear phone calls with clarity without having to hold your smartphone to your ear. The audio from your phone goes directly to your ear without background noise. Phone calls have never been easier.

I wonder if the Sonnets AudioStreams will gain this ability to mute background noises via a Firmware of sorts soon.

• HearPeers Heroes

@John F

Baffling as we still need to speak into the phone for others to hear us so we do need to hold the phone up to speak, correct?

Yeah, unless AudioStreams gain Bidirectional functionality.  🤷🏼‍♂️

1 hour ago, John F said:

Noticed this:  

Using the Phone

Hear phone calls with clarity without having to hold your smartphone to your ear. The audio from your phone goes directly to your ear without background noise. Phone calls have never been easier.

This is what we expect from Medel. That is, using the phone or listening to music without background noise. But unfortunately, this feature is not available in audiostream. That's why we cannot get full efficiency from audiostream in noisy environments.