Telecoil Adapter and the Rondo 3

mfh123

I've just become the proud user of a Rondo 3, I've never been able to use the phone until now, my query is... Is it OK to leave the telecoil adapter plugged in to the Rondo3 permanently as when its plugged in I can hear a very, very, very faint crackling, I've asked in Med-El offices and been told it was Ok but I thought I'd ask the community here their opinions 

PS whats with the constant Image verification while I'm typing 

• HearPeers Heroes

Two things can be happening….

1) the telecoil can be picking up electromagnetic interference.  We can have our audiologist create an additional program that has the telecoil off which allows us to keep the adapter attached but not experience interference.  Then we would need to use the remote to switch into the telecoil 50/50 mix program when we wish to use it.

2) many Rondo 3 users report a clicking sound when the telecoil adapter is attached.  Med-El recommends putting Rondo 3 into flight mode when that happens.  However once in flight mode the remote no longer works.

Have you read information about the upcoming AudioStream for Rondo 3?  There is a lot of excitement about that.  This will be another option for streaming.

Med-El mentioned that the water resistance is not the same while the adapter is attached.

Hi Mary Beth,

Thank you for your reply, in passing you've just taught (via Google 😉 ) what Flight mode is 🙂 

All the documentation i've seen on Audiostream refers only to the Sonnet 2 I wasn't aware it could be used by the Rondo 3 so thank you for that as well, and while I'm at all the Thank you's I'd really like to thank you for all your contributions here on hearpeers, I?ve been a regular lurker since I first registered (way back in 2014) and your posts are awesome 

I'll ask my Audiologist when I have the next mapping session about creating such a program that you mention for use with the remote 

Best Regards,   

Michael

• HearPeers Heroes

Thank you for your kind words Michael.

AudioStream for Rondo 3 is just being released in some countries and not quite yet available in others.  It plugs into that port on the Rondo 3 like the telecoil adapter does but it is a BTLE receiver for direct streaming from phone and tablet.  Sounds exciting.  Do a google search and also read a bit about it here in the forum.

• HearPeers Heroes

Check this out