Reprogramming

Ekaterina

Hi everyone, 

How often does it need to return to CI centers for reprogramming of processors ? 

• HearPeers Heroes

The need for program adjustments really varies depending on how long we have had the CI and age.

In the beginning there are several appointments to get activated and then to reach a stable program.

For children after reaching a stable program, they tend to return every 6 months or sooner if a change in hearing is noticed.

Many adults return once a year or sooner if a change in hearing is noticed.

On 3/28/2024 at 4:14 PM, Mary Beth said:

The need for program adjustments really varies depending on how long we have had the CI and age.

In the beginning there are several appointments to get activated and then to reach a stable program.

For children after reaching a stable program, they tend to return every 6 months or sooner if a change in hearing is noticed.

Many adults return once a year or sooner if a change in hearing is noticed.

Thank you Mary, my 10 years old implanted daughter had her latest reprogramming about two years ago, so you've just confirmed my thoughts that it's time to get the new ones. 

Does it always have to be the same particular MedEL supporting center where we need to return to get reprogramming or it is possible to arrange an appointment for the reprogramming consultation with the audiologist in different locations, at the nearest MedEL center? (would be more comfortable during our long trips) 

• HearPeers Heroes

That may vary from country to country so I suggest contacting the center you wish to go to and ask them directly.

Wishing your daughter the very best!

I go once a year. There maybe physical changes with the electrode as well.