Started my CI journey today!

Lisette

Hello, I am Lisette, from St Thomas, Ontario, Canada. I am 44 years old, married, mom of 6 (ages 9-20). 4 Weeks ago I had my surgery, which went really well. They were able to insert all 12 electrodes. I got a Rhonda 3. Today was activation day. Took my husband along. I'm hearing a lot of electronic beeps and stuff. But if someone talks to me one on one, I am actually able to follow the conversation with a lot of effort. 

The audiologist was very pleased with what I was able to hear. Although coming home again to a full household with lots of sounds, that is quite the learning curve still. 

On my CI side I was almost deaf. On my other side a wear a hearing aid. 

Pretty overwhelmed with all the technology that comes with it. 

• HearPeers Heroes

Glad to meet you and congratulations!  Lots of great info and helpful people here.  If you wish to connect with some of us, you can join in our GoogleMeet (free automatic captions).  Info on our next one is at this link.  If interested, just reply there.

Wishing you the best.

• HearPeers Heroes

That does sound like a great start! It is overwhelming to hear everything at first, but over time your brain will filter it. You'll notice it changing quickly.