Lost Processors

Lauren

Thanks to someone who will not be named, but whose mugshot I’ll happily share below

IMG_9990.thumb.jpeg.1868c4b6275e332f23f4d32602fa42c1.jpeg

I have to sadly start the lost processor claim processor for both Rondo 3s. I’ll be completely changing my habits as well to hopefully prevent this from happening again. 

Thankful that Med-El allows a one time free replacement for processors while (I think) under warranty. Just wasn’t expecting to need even a single replacement so soon. 

Fingers crossed that changing my habits will prevent future losses until 2027 when I’ll hopefully be upgrading. 

• HearPeers Heroes

Oh no!!

• HearPeers Heroes

Oh no!  A very adorable thief!

not even stuck on the metal frame under the bed?

Something to look forward to, cats stealing the devices. One of my cats has often tried to obtain my hearing aid. So far their interest in the CI's is knocking the chargers around. 

Darn. Thought the additional loss coverage would be a good thing to get. It’s only good for one year or when a claim is submitted, whichever occurs first.

*disclaimer, this policy I’m referring to is specific to the US. Variations expected by country and/or insurances. 

Oops. Both Med-El US and I forgot to clarify if magnets are included. It occurred to me to ask as when I’ve gotten warranty replacements those did not come with the magnet included. In that situation, the magnet from the Rondo 3 to be returned to Med-El US would be put into the replacement unit. 

Not sure if the magnet is standard or not for the one time loss replacement, but those are being sent too. I have no idea what would be included if it was instead the Sonnet 2s that were lost.

Med-El US is very responsive and very helpful and I appreciate that. It’s not an easy situation to be in but they made it as smooth as possible. 

For OTLD, magnets are always included for Rondo 3s. :) 

Got the replacements yesterday and got the magnets in this morning. Here’s hoping I don’t do another magician’s disappearing act (with or without an assist from the kitten)  

IMG_0134.thumb.jpeg.b84dcd29beda7b59e6df765eddff2627.jpeg

• Like 1

• HearPeers Heroes

I wish you a long, safe relationship with these processors!