what is that on your head?

Adam

• HearPeers Heroes

I was at the hospital the other day making a visit and a campus police officer walked up to me to ask if I was security for somebody. He pointed to my head thinking it was a new type of radio. Of course things went downhill after I told him i was deaf. Never a dull moment in the land of the bionic.

• HearPeers Heroes

You should have talked into your sleeve and then cuffed him - everybody carries hand cuffs and guns in the US right? Cool

• HearPeers Heroes

Great idea but sadly this secret agent man does not carry cuffs. One round with this cyborg and cuffs would be the least of his worries.

when I wore the Tempo, I had people ask me if it was a camera (the LED bulb did kind of look like a lens). The Opus2 seems to be less conspicuous as I've only had one person mistake it for something else - she thought it was a new bluetooth and wanted to know where I got it.

As for the guns and cuffs query from Matt - I regularly carry both wherever I go. Laughing

Chuckie, just remember you cannot fly with them! Don't they make an unsightly bulge in the back of your cycling jersey? I realize the Boy Scouts always want you to be prepared but are you expecting that much rage?

• HearPeers Heroes

thats what the penguins are for, sheesh. He can hitch a ride with them.

• 2 years later...

Well don't you just love the flashing lights when the battery needs changed? THAT garners questions for sure! Hysterical!

• HearPeers Heroes

Yeah everyone can see those except for us, since the processors ar on our heads!

• HearPeers Heroes

Actually my Audi turned them off for me on the sonnets. No more flashing lights for me

• HearPeers Heroes

Nope, I didn't rely on the lights much. The beeps were enough to let me know I was getting ready to go offline

• HearPeers Heroes

Just kidding... :D :D

I like the character of Locutus. :)

• HearPeers Heroes

Well unless it's dark how would u see the lights anyway? It's on the side of your head!! I use the beeps also.

• HearPeers Heroes

When you turn the unit on, the light would flash. It has different flashes based on the situation. If your batteries are going dead or there is a problem with the processor. It is very helpful as far as pediatric patients go as it lets the parents or teacher know if there is an issue