Headphones...

Darrick

Can someone on here suggest a over-the-ear large headphone set good for music that won't interfere with my Opus 2's microphone?

Thanks for your time...

Darrick

• HearPeers Heroes

Hi Darrick,

welcome to the forum.

I've tried a few and currently my favourites are a pair of Sennheiser HD280 Pro - love having Pro in the name , a bit like tactical. Cool

They cover my whole ear and have nice big soft cushioning that sits over the coil and doesn't causes me any discomfort.

A bit $$ though - but deliver good quality sound and are very well made. Let us know how you get on.

Matt

Darrick,

I have the Sennheiser HD 280 Pro, too. It is very comfortable, covers the processors, sounds good and well made. I got mine through Amazon as a used/refurbished and it was relatively inexpensive. The only drawback is that it is not very compact for packing when traveling.

Sid

• HearPeers Heroes

I am interested to hear some other responses as well. I have entertained the idea of looking into headphones as it would be easier just to put them on instead of dealing with direct connect of FM systems.

• HearPeers Heroes

HOLY COW John!

I just looked up the bose headphones and those bad boys are pricy. I've heard they are pretty good but wow. what do you like about them and what do you not like?

• HearPeers Heroes

Ha-ha Adam...

That's the world of pleasure... No price - no pain. Wink

I have BOSE sound system in my car but since I do not have much chance to drive in other car (me&myself only at car seat Cool) I would call it nice but so specially excellent no...

Possibly there are some little bit less pricey solutions for instance:

a) Koss Porta Pro - the legendary headphones which hasn't been changed over 30 years ...Ummm....

B) Grado iGrado - friend of mine, audiophile, told me about them... I believe him.

Adam, my wife bought me the originals some years back, before implants and when the ear padding failed,they upgraded me for $50. I will admit they are not cheap, but the sound they generate is unbelievable. The battery life is excellent as is the traveling case. She loves me, what can I say!

• HearPeers Heroes

good deal, I'll have to wait on those bad boys, it will give me something to shoot for.

John what is the sound quality of the headphones verses using FM system and other similar paraphenalia?

Thanks

Karen

Karen, that is an excllent question. My answer really depends on the location, If you are on a plane and using RONDOs then you need to use the direct audioo input red cable. If you are wearing the OPUS 2 system, then the headphones are unbelievable. the cables and headphones are almost equal, the comfort factor leans toward the headphones if you don't wear glasses and use the OPUS 2. if you wear glasses and RONDOs, then the direct audio cables are great. sorry if the doesn't really answer the question but I wear glasses and use bilateral RONDOs.

• 1 year later...

BEATS by Dr. Dre...excellent sound quality, especially BASS.  They are pricey..$299.  Also noise cancelling.  Try them out at Best Buy.