Hair noise with Rondo 3

MallaRuth

Hi there. I have very long hair which I usually wear loose. I am wondering about issues with hair noise and Rondo 3, especially with the positions of the microphones? My sister tried Rondo3 and found the hair noise terrible, and wearing hats as well. I'd love to move to Rondo but concerns about this is really putting me off. Would love to hear about other experiences - if it was an issue for you, and if you managed to resolve it if so. I am a bilateral CI user and have Sonnet 1 at the moment. Thanks!

If you put a hat on does your implant site sit along the hat brim? For me it does and I haven't worn a hat since I received my Rondo3. I've thought about modifying some of my hats but it isn't high on my list of things.

3 hours ago, Anthony Canada said:

If you put a hat on does your implant site sit along the hat brim? For me it does and I haven't worn a hat since I received my Rondo3. I've thought about modifying some of my hats but it isn't high on my list of things.

Yes - both of them do, so I suspect it may be noisy. Shame as I am an avid (daily) hat wearer!

• HearPeers Heroes

@MallaRuth

My hair is short so I can not comment on hair noise.  Sometimes I can wear hats with my Rondos but this likely varies from person to person depending on the placement of our internal magnets.  However even though I can wear hats with my Rondos, it is very easy to knock my Rondos off when removing the hats.

Someone posted a pic here of approval in Italy of Sonnet 3.  I am eager to hear more information about that next BTE processor as I plan on upgrading to it when it becomes available in the US.

Always great to see you here my friend.

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

Hi, I had Rondo 2 experience for a year. I definitely recommend you not to buy it without trying it. I had a magnet problem. That's why I want you to learn the magnet power first and focus on the next issues. I think you will get used to the hair noise and microphone friction after a while. There will be no sound like rustling. Not everyone is so lucky when it comes to hats.  Unfortunately, I could not use a hat due to the internal implant placement. Which model will you choose?