Global Hero

Adam

• HearPeers Heroes

Well I figured i would throw this out there. We are among family, right?

I just got word that I have been selected to be a Medtronic global hero. They choose 25 people each year that are runners but also rely on medical technology to keep them alive. This year 270 people applied and I actually made the cut to be one ...of the 25. While their stories, running abilities and goals may vary, each Global Hero brings inspiration to the starting line. By sharing these stories, others can cheer the accomplishment, or take action in their own lives. That’s what it is all about. If I can encourage somebody to take action and get moving on the road or in the box, it makes some of the struggles a little easier to deal with.
They will be flying me out to run the Twin cities marathon in October. Really looking forward to it . https://www.facebook.com/MedtronicGlobalHeroes?fref=ts

• HearPeers Heroes

Adam, congratulations. What is the date of the marathon? It would be a good excuse for a trip down to the Twin Cities. I only live about 7 hours away. I believe my brother used to run in a marathon there years ago.

• HearPeers Heroes

Sandy

The race is Oct. 6th. We are Flying in on that thursday. Will be flying out on monday after the race. I am really looking forward to it as it is a chance to let those that have to rely on some type of technology to stay alive, that it is not the end of the world and you can still be active. This race will actually be my shortest this year. I will be running the marathon. I had my 32nd surgery this past April.

• HearPeers Heroes

They will be flying me and a freind to the race. My wife DOES NOT fly so my son is going with me.

• HearPeers Heroes

I'm really going to enjoy it.  the funny thing is, even though it is a marathon, it will be my third race this year and it will be my shortest.