ok new question

Adam

• HearPeers Heroes

Ok folks, have a new question for ya. If there are one or two things that you would like to see medel come out with that they don’t have now, what would it be?  Whether it is some type of fun accessory, like a light you can attach to the coil or say skinitz to jazz up your processor. Or more function related maybe shape of BTE, waterproof?. What would you like to see?

Also,

- easier to navigate online forum (HearPeers) which, when compared to Hearing Journey is nowhere near as user-friendly.

- larger avatar photos here on HearPeers.

- more promotion of CI-related conventions, gatherings, etc: I just found out there's going to be a convention in Boston at the end of the month but found out about it on Hearing Journey.

- more promotion of HearPeers; I still can't believe how under-utilized this forum is.  Very rarely do we get new faces here.

- longer lasting battery life (don't have experience with this yet, but from hearing about it, looks like battery changes are very frequent).

- rechargable batteries for Rondos (I believe we don't have that currently, right?).

- special 'skins' for Rondos.

• HearPeers Heroes

I still do not know anything about connectivity of BB with other devices like mobile phone, music devices etc.

Waterproofness of course.

• HearPeers Heroes

Definitely waterproof. I swim every other day and am always making an explanation as to why I can't hear. Up side of this is educating people! I believe there are rechargeable batteries but they have a short life.

I have heard and seen the patent description for a  rechargeable battery for the RONDO but MedEl is unable to confirm or deny.

I believe that water resistance is a hot button.

As a nod to Russ, perhaps some additional colors for the RONDOs

• HearPeers Heroes

Ear hook improvement. Having not worn HA's for long I still don't like the ear hooks. I would like a flexible option, even one with an ITC retainer or a loop that goes around the ear.

• HearPeers Heroes

Matt have you tried the skeleton mold? you can attach to the ear hook which will keep the processor on your ear and you dont even realize you are wearing it.

8A_crop.jpg

I have used the skeleton mold from time to time and it does a good job of holding on to the processor.

My "new thing" would be for MedEl to improve the water resistance. However, the eargear works well for me in the meantime.

I recently saw someone wearing a non-MedEl processor and the casing was clear plastic so you could see the internals.  I thought that was pretty cool (a'la SWATCH watch).

Ooh - and did I mention my desire for MedEl to produce a more water resistance processor?

One more wish:

A body-worn processor instead of a head-worn processor.

Awesome!

Does anyone here use the ActiveWear processor?  Do you use it only for sports or do you also use it as an everyday thing?  What do/don't you like about it?

• HearPeers Heroes

I think they need to come up with streamers that match the ones on Johns bike so he can ride in total style.

• HearPeers Heroes

Adam, do these just push on to the end of the ear hook. or can you remove the hook altogether?

Matt have you tried the skeleton mold? you can attach to the ear hook which will keep the processor on your ear and you dont even realize you are wearing it.

• HearPeers Heroes

Hey man,

The ear hook stays in place. looking at the picture  posted, the long straight tube of the mold gets cut to the right length, (I have done this at home myself, it;s easy) then it is pushed onto the earhook, You dont feel them, they dont irritate the ear and they are durable. It allowed my to wear my hearing aids during karate class.

The only down side is that as they get old, the hole where to stick the ear hook in can split. you either have to cut the tube shorter or put a new one on the mold. They last for quite a long time before that happens though.

Here's a picture of another option, straight from MedEl.  It works quite well position is adjustable and doesn't get brittle with age.

Here's a picture of another option, straight from MedEl.  It works quite well position is adjustable and doesn't get brittle with age.

post-277-14302598856584_thumb.jpg

• HearPeers Heroes

interesting, never saw that before.