MED-EL CI Activation on The Today Show

MED-EL is on the Today Show! Tomorrow, NBC’s Today Show is showing the live CI activation of a woman who has received a MED-EL cochlear implant! The Today Show runs from 7 a.m. – 11 a.m. (ET) so if you get NBC on your television make sure to check it out. We’d love to hear what you think!

You can see a YouTube preview here: 

• HearPeers Heroes

NICE!!! thats awesome exposure for the company! I will be working and not near a tv. can somebody post a video?

Adam - I'll be on an airplane, but hope to DVR it.  Maybe you can too?

• HearPeers Heroes

sadly I have no way of recording. :o(

Perhaps that segment, in its entirety will be posted once it airs. Let me see if I can get an answer

It was great to see MED-EL on the Today show! It was a great opportunity for the public to see a number of the components too...Opus 2, Rondo, fine tuner!

It was also great to see an adult's perspective of the activation. The reactions and facial expressions of children being activated in the media bring me to tears. It brings back the memory of when my son was activated! But it was also nice to be able to hear the patient verbalize what the initial activation sounded like to her. I wish that the activation had taken place in a clinical setting vs live tv with her family present. I think that's a lot of pressure on the patient. I would have been happy to have seen a recorded activation in a clinic with a live follow-up.

I am very proud to be part of the MED-EL family and I was very pleased to see them represented in national media!

• HearPeers Heroes

Patrice, I have to agree 100%. I am a very proud MED-EL recipient and I thing the tv coverage was huge. As you, I felt it would have been a little better in a clinical setting show that video then have  a live follow up a few weeks later. I felt sorry for her in a way. As you stated, I bet she was under a lot of pressure. I hope they have a folow up or post an extended video on the MED-EL website or on this forum.

I would love to see more activation videos and a place for people to post their BLOGS. That would go a long way in helping the people that come to hearpeers that are trygin to decide which company to go with.