TODAY SHOW CI ACTIVATION

Adam

• HearPeers Heroes

Ok everyone, I got a chance to see the segment (thanks Matt) for posting. For those of you who saw it what were your thoughts?

• HearPeers Heroes

As I said in the call to arms forum, I was happy for her but it was such a short segment. I was disappointed that nothing was said about the column or CI vs no CI. It did stay on the positive but thought more information could have been presented. Seemed like a 5 minute commercial. Guess everyone was too interested in the new Duke of Cambridge and wondering what he was being called (other than Blank)

• HearPeers Heroes

Oops bad me - Prince Blank of Cambridge - still no name for the baby!

• HearPeers Heroes

I can see one thing, whatever coordinate we are talking about - human relations are superficial and prone to simplify things. As Sandy told, we will 10x hear about some exciting moment but never will be informed in depth even once. Un- or misinformed - the result is same.

How to seek help if you do not know what is possible? Moreover, you find yourself in some group of people who are led by fear or misinformation and - you are withheld for appropriate information too.

Heh...possibly writing too much - I do understand that all people do not have same level of depth when we talk about these things but I really think that we have gone too far within the matter of fun and we totally neglect the perspective of education and developing, propagating the idea of reasonable possibilities... No, we still prefer (as a mankind) - some magic unattainable moments since we are indoctrinated by magic fairytales which can not be achieved.

• 4 weeks later...

I saw the segment post CI surgery but before I received my processor. Sorry, but it seemed a little too simplistic to me now that I have gone through the fitting process. Did she really get "turned on" for the first time on TV or had she been using it (even for a short while) and they were merely demonstrating on TV as a means of getting information out there? Just a thought...

• HearPeers Heroes

I saw the segment post CI surgery but before I received my processor. Sorry, but it seemed a little too simplistic to me now that I have gone through the fitting process. Did she really get "turned on" for the first time on TV or had she been using it (even for a short while) and they were merely demonstrating on TV as a means of getting information out there? Just a thought...

I wouldn't say that then was first FIRST time - it was little bit unadjusted but good for a wide audience to see what this thing is indeed.

Not to mention the article in the Economist....

• HearPeers Heroes

Not sure but hey, first, last.. cochlear implants got some coverage. youd be amazed how many people have never heard of one.

• HearPeers Heroes

I guess looking at the big picture, there is no way that you would be able to give a clear picture of the activation process as the avg. activation lasts roughly 2 hours. Very difficult to show or explain in a brief 5 min story.

Hopefully it started some conversations of some possible candidates andtheir families that didn't even know there was that option.