Mobile phone

masona

My mobile phone is now useless but only used it for texting, I understand cochlear implant user can cope with voice calling on mobile phone, does it matter which phone I buy, are they more or less the same?

• HearPeers Heroes

I have an iphone 4 which is very easy to hear using the normal speaker - not the hands free.

At work I use a Nokia which is crap.

I have heard some of the newer smart phones are very good but I cant remember which brands.

Hi, I can hear just fine on my Blackberry and have also tried a Samsung which was ok too. 

I stick with the BB as it's great for texting and messaging and has speech to text messaging too. 

• 3 weeks later...

I have a Samsung E1150. Speaker very very loud and I may talking in the subway =)

I recently got an Iphone, because you can hook your audio device cable into the iphone and implant, and it

does not disable the microphone on the phone, you talk into the phone but hear it thru your cable/implant

Guest John Ford

I recently got an Iphone, because you can hook your audio device cable into the iphone and implant, and it

does not disable the microphone on the phone, you talk into the phone but hear it thru your cable/implant

Does anyone know if you can do that with a Droid as well?  What about other phones?