Disposable batteries for Rondos

Leblisa

I did a 'search' and didn't come up with anything on this topic.  Does anyone have an opinion as to which brand of 675p batteries is overall 'best'?  It appears the Zenipower ones are the best deal, but do they last significantly less time than PowerOnes?

• HearPeers Heroes

Lisa there is a discussion on Facebook in one of the hearing group about this. apparantly there is a disposable battery now for Rondo. I will find the thread and post it.

MED-EL has patent for Rondo rechargeable battery - which will be necessary for the forthcoming waterproof enclosure.
US patent # 8280524 : http://patent.ipexl.com/US/8280524.html

Lisa, my CIs came with the ZeniPowers, but I have also heard good things about the Rayovac. Amazon sells both but the Rayovacs are more expensive. The ZeniPowers yield good life ~5 days. I am not a shill for either one but why pay more for the same product? Also, "best" can be a very subjective term. The biggest factor in battery life is the thickness of skin and hair between the implant and the RONDO. For example, I get longer battery life on my right side than I do on my left. Yes, the mapping is different but I was told that had no bearing on battery life. Does this help, clarify or confuse?

It helps John; you always help.

I'm loving my Rondo, BTW.

And I just ordered the 60 Zenipower one thru Amazon.  My Rondo came with PowerOne batteries.

Lisa - those are the batteries I've ordered and I've been very pleased with the price and performance.  I get 5+ very long days.  Glad you are enjoying your RONDO!

So far I've been getting about 4 days, but I'm using a higher volume program and I'm sure that draws more power.  I don't know if magnet strength has anything to do with it, but I have the number 4 magnet.  But I don't care, I'll change the batteries happily whenever needed: I am loving the Rondo!

Today's my 3rd mapping, plus she's going to re-program my old right HA for my left ear so I'll now have a backup HA for that ear.

• HearPeers Heroes

I use the Powerone batteries and changed the batteries today after 8 days. Usually, I only get 5+ days. Interesting to note is that I went from magnet 3 to magnet 2 when I changed the batteries the last time. I also usually have my processor on for 12-15 hours each day.

this goes to show that our melons are all different! I use a #3 magnet, my left side gets less life than my right side, regardless of type, disposable of rechargeable. Sandy must have a thinner melon skin because of all of her knowledge while Lisa, form the Granite State must have a rock lining through which the power must flow and Camille using the electricity in the air in SoCal to help her batteries live longer! Since Adam didn't tell us how long his batteries last, I am unable to comment.  Paging Adam Fitzgerald, please pick up the white courtesy phone for an important message....

LOL!

Right now I'm using the PowerOnes that came with my kit; altogether I think I got about six 6-packs of those.  When they're done I'll switch to the Zinipowers that just came in the mail.

• HearPeers Heroes

John, you make my day! Going on vacation into the wilds of Wisconsin tomorrow but taking my iPad so I don't miss any of the good news. It's an 800 km trip tomorrow and I'm the only driver! Have a great weekend everyone!

• HearPeers Heroes

So sorry John

I get 5 full days out of my disposables. I guess all that extra water floating around in this melon helps.

• HearPeers Heroes

remember I am not one of the chosen to don the rondo,

the 5 days also depends on how much I use my F/M or direct connect cables

• HearPeers Heroes

of course who needs a rondo when i can wear this bad boy. maybe you can start a new fad at the bike club John

poohbah.jpg

Adam, what is the backstory on the hat, cowbells to attract the females??? Doing a metric century in morning will post pic of my preferred hat with OPII 2 and bicycle. Sandy, are going to the Tommy. Bartlett show in the Wiscomsin Dells?

• HearPeers Heroes

No back story John. Anybody worthy of riding a Madone is gonna have to ride in style. Dont know that I would wear it for a time trial though Laughing

Entry level Madone, still an aluminum frame. 60+ miles 3:47:43, avg speed of 15.79 mph. wore disposable batteries for the lighter weight!

post-277-14302598862268_thumb.jpg

• HearPeers Heroes

John

you coulda made it in 3:30:00 with the hat. a good freind of mine can tell you how it helped him. I'll post a pic.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRhRM1kNAOAXqJ-YIpIjzv

• HearPeers Heroes

- Fred!

- Coming Wilma, coming..... ROTFLMAO Cool