I'm a VERY happy camper!!!

Leblisa

Today I had my 3rd visit with the audi following activation not even 2 weeks ago.  Today she changed a few things and told me to start wearing the HA with the CI most of the time, but to still go with just CI for 1-2 hrs each day.  The combination of the CI tweaks and the addition of the HA has resulted in AMAZING hearing!  Everything sounds perfectly normal!  I can hear high frequency things but instead of all of them sounding like the same, thin whistle, I can being to really distinguish the difference between water running from the faucet vs crickets vs crinkling plastic vs spoon stirring in a cup.  She won't do the word recognition test until the end of the month but I can already tell I am doing SO much better!

I am so grateful!!! and happy.

• HearPeers Heroes

Good going Lisa, I am so happy for you! My Audi doesn't do word recognition until the 6 month appointment!

• HearPeers Heroes

LISA That is AWESOME!!!!!! you just made my night. I very happy to hear things are going so well for you. Great job!!

Lisa, that is boffo! Will we see you on YouTube? I a, so happy for you. Now you can hear the pesky Mosquitos?

• HearPeers Heroes

Extraordinary - Surprised

Excellent!!!!Cool

• HearPeers Heroes

Well done Lisa! Your positive attitude has surely helped.

Thank you so much everyone.  And John, fortunately it's a bit too nippy these evenings for much mosquito activity.  That's one sound I won't want to hear!

I feel like I'm a bit like Helen Keller as I track down the source of sounds only instead of holding my hand under running water as someone traces the word 'water' on my other palm I am staring at the water as I listen, then I turn it off, then I turn it on again, then I do it with eyes closed.  I swear it's helping.

Another aspect of the CI that I'm very happy with is, because each electrode is programmed to stimulate my auditory nerve only to a maximum of 'loud but comfortable', nothing hurts!

I realized that earlier today when I had both HA & CI and a motorcycle roared by me, causing some auditory pain in my left (HA) ear, but not the CI ear, even though it was closer to the road.  Now that's really great.

Lisa, were you able to identify the make of the motorcycle? that is great that your discrimination is getting so much beeter. woohoo for Lisa!

Congratulation Lisa,

It is amazing what CI can do when we all have struggle too long with HA before we give up and take a chance at it. It is completely opposite from a HA, that just keep getting better and blow your mind away. You are doing good and give it time, it will never stop to amaze you. I can see you have not heard too good with your HA before and I am glad it is working for you.