Thought I would share this

Adam

• HearPeers Heroes

I had to make a few hospital visits today so while I was there, I stopped by to see a nurse friend of mine who works in Post-Op. One of the patients she was taking care of, had just had CI surgery a few hours before. She went over to check on him and told he and his wife that I had 2 CI’s. They asked for me to come over and after chatting for a few minutes found out he got a MED-EL CI. I showed them both of mine and they both had A lOT of questions.

I was so glad to have had the chance to meet them as the look of relief on both of their faces after talking to me meant so much to me. I was the first person they ever met that had a CI and apparently our talk really put them at ease as far as what to expect in the upcoming months. I told Lori (my friend) to give them my email address if they wanted it as I would be more than happy to help them in any way that I can. I also told them about hearpeers. Actually did not catch thier names but hopefully they will look us up. the wife was very interested and had no idea.

He will be going bilateral. My hospital will only do bilateral sequential surgeries now.

Totally made my day.

• HearPeers Heroes

Adam, that is so great. You made someone's day. And relieved their anxiety, too! Before I had my CI, I met with someone as well and it was the conversation with him that made up my mind to go for it!

Adam, you rock. Their surgeon needs to get your name also, as well as HearPeers to help patients and candidates with their concerns!

• HearPeers Heroes

John,

I was on cloud nine when I left. Turns out he (the patient) was a retired doctor. My friend told me later he really liked me and was very impressed with how positive and calming I was. His wife felt so much relief after our time together

I am not sure if my doc did the surgery or his partner but I believe only two of them do CI surgeries. Dr. Meyer and I have a great relationship, I believe he has forwarded my name to MED-EL in the past.

Adam,

I can well-imagine how speaking with you made that patient's day!  I would have been over the moon to have met someone like you!  I did meet a woman who has one Cochlear but no one with Med-El.

• HearPeers Heroes

Excellent episode of our everyday life, Adam.

We use to forget something ordinary until we need that but when we become the other side (patient) we are nothing of what we usually are: standing tall, not taking into account small things which means for those people world. Just to be example - you can give to a lot of people support which they need. It is not necessary that that help is professional but - it should be done: professionally (if you understand me).