Not working

Ken T

I had my surgery last April 2017,activation in  May 2017. Going to have it removed. in a few weeks. It dose not work.All I hear is static.. my batteries only last a few hours. MedEl has not been very helpful. Very upset.

Ken T.

• HearPeers Heroes
4 hours ago, Ken T said:

I had my surgery last April 2017,activation in  May 2017. Going to have it removed. in a few weeks. It dose not work.All I hear is static.. my batteries only last a few hours. MedEl has not been very helpful. Very upset.

Ken T.

Ken,

I am very surprised to hear of your experience with MedEl. 

My experience with support has been excellent both with my implant, activation and customer support. A MedEl AUD came to attend my activation on my left ear and will be in attendance for the corrective surgery on the left

On top of all that the provider I am with is  true researcher who worked with MedEl to come up with a solution for my left CI issue.

The hearPeer community has been very supportive and with knowledgable friends.

I am very happy with MedEl

Hi @Ken T

Sorry to hear about your frustrations. Would you be able to let us know which country you live in? I would like to put you in touch with your local MED-EL representative who should be able to offer you more support and help you with your problems. 

Kind regards, 

Mary - MED-EL Social Team 

• 2 weeks later...

Jdashiell, I am just curious about what is going on with your left ear. I would love to know more. 

On 1/12/2018 at 11:54 AM, Ken T said:

Ken T.

Have you gotten some help yet from MedEl?

• HearPeers Heroes
On 1/27/2018 at 7:55 PM, Shirsee said:

Jdashiell, I am just curious about what is going on with your left ear. I would love to know more. 

First CI surgery on right ear March 2016. no problems.

I had my Left side CI surgery  first in March of 2017, activation in April 2017. The Aud and ENT told me the electrodes were not all the way in the cochlea.

I wanted it fixed ASAP so the 2nd attempt on the Left was June 1, 2017. Alas same issue, electrodes had hit an anatomical obstruction in the first basal turn of the cochlea causing the electrode array to "flip"around on it self.

I decided to see someone else. 

Now I am scheduled to have a 3rd attempt on the left to implant the electrode array. Scheduled for March 13, 2018.

The new ENT has coordinated with MedEl to develop a surgical "tool" to aid in the implantation and get past the obstruction

• Like 2