US Sonnet Kits

Jewel

• HearPeers Heroes

Hi all, just heard from my MedEl rep that I will get the standard 5 year warranty! 

So I'm ready for more info. I'm wondering what they offer as options in the US Sonnet kit. All that was mentioned to me when I was in the US last week was the Roger Pen. 

Can someone please enlighten me? 

• HearPeers Heroes

Kits change all of the time so it is probably best to hear from someone who recently received a two processor Sonnet kit in the US.

@Nikki May be able to help.

• HearPeers Heroes

So glad to hear you go the five year warranty! 

Hi everyone,

@Jewel  Kit included

Two Sonnets complete operating units PLUS these extras:

The Roger system

Electronic Drying Station

Waterware for Sonnet

Standard Battery Pack (Rechargeable) 

One package of disposable batteries

Extra Battery cover

Microphone covers

Earhooks (for activity)

Cleaning tools and brush

DL-Coil Backup unit

Rechargeable battery adapter

Rechargeable battery wallet

Hope this helps 

• HearPeers Heroes

Thanks for the detailed list @Nikki.

Pardon my ignorance but does one get all of these things or does one have to choose a limited number of items from the list? 

I didn't get to pick.  That's what I was given.   I'm sorry I don't know for sure but perhaps there's some option as to which rechargeable to get (mini or standard) or if you get Rondo and Sonnet maybe you can pick which water wear.   

You CAN pick color for your processor so if this is something you're interested in,  make sure you get that information before your activation.  Then maybe you can ask about other options. 

Hope this helps. 

• HearPeers Heroes

This is awesome! @NikkiI hope I don't get charged customs duty when I bring all these things back to Jamaica ?

• HearPeers Heroes

I just checked the Law. I shouldn't be charged duty on these items here. Whew! 

• Like 3

• HearPeers Heroes

If one is using the Roger receiver how long does the rechargeable battery and disposable batteries last? It seems like if you don't use the Roger you get 2 days use from the disposable batteries. Is that so? 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Jewel

Without using the Roger System, two Power One Implant Plus Mercury Free Batteries last a bit more than two sixteen hour listening days.  That is using the telecoil BT neckloop. (ZeniPower Implant mercury free batteries caused false dead battery beeps and powering off in my Sonnets.  Power One Implant Plus have worked well consistently.)

Without using the Roger System, the standard rechargeable batteries start out lasting 10.5 hours but then reduce from there.  That is using the telecoil BT neckloop.  These batteries die within a minute or two of each other and have been replaced by Med-El for losing their lifetime quickly but the new set behaves exactly the same way.

• HearPeers Heroes

People report different battery life hours for both disposable batteries and rechargeable batteries so you will not know for sure until you actually use them yourself.  Just FYI.

• HearPeers Heroes

Exactly. Because no one has exactly the same mapping’s. So our power usage can vary between users. The rechargeables last 11 hours for me and the disposables last three days for me. 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Nikki, In your US 2processor Sonnet kit did you receive two or three DL-coils?

@Mary Beth

There's one for each sonnet.  I don't see a back up in the kit so total 2

Sorry for any confusion. Originally I ment that the back up unit also came with DL coil

Edited by Nikki