noise reduction program for background noise

stream2525

• HearPeers Heroes

Do Medel processors have good noise reduction program for background noise in a very noisy working environment? Do you switch to this with remote?

IS this available in Rondo and Rondo2?

How do you compare that to the ultra zoom program from AB?

• HearPeers Heroes

My students with AB hate UltraZoom, even in very noisy places like the school cafeterias.  My adult friends with AB, do not use UltraZoom either.  Sometimes things sound good but are not good fits for specific people.  I am sure some AB users like UltraZoom too.

I have Rondos and Sonnets.  My Rondos perform great in noise.  Sonnets have the ability to be set with adaptive mic setting by our audiologists.  Moving into a program with adaptive mic setting in noise makes it easier to hear in noisy places.  This is a benefit of the ASM 2 features of the Sonnet.  

It will depend on how often you are in very noisy places to determine its worth to you specifically.  I listened with ASM 1 in many, many noisy places and did just fine.  I do not carry the Fine Tuner in my daily life with the Sonnets so I do not move into adaptive in noise.  If I am going to a very noisy place, sometimes I bring the Fine Tuner and move into a program in adaptive.  Sometimes I don’t.

For people using the Roger System with their Sonnets in noisy places, that automatically switches the Sonnets to omni mic setting when active.  By using the Roger MyLink neckloop receiver and setting the Rondos to MT setting, Rondo users can get the same benefit in noise.

Different features are important to different users.  It’s good you are researching to help you find a good fit for your lifestyle.

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes

What about Rondo2? Does it have ASM 1 or 2 ? 

Hi @stream2525 - thanks for your question. RONDO 2 is using Automatic Sound Management (ASM). SONNET is using Automatic Sound Management 2.0 (ASM 2.0).

Best regards,

Barbara 

• HearPeers Heroes

It looks like Rondo2 isn't of any improvement.