DL-Coil cable flakey

mgfiest

Are the coils cable that flakey. Not even 6 months and replacing. I am not pulling on the cables at all. I am not active in any sports. So why fall apart?

• HearPeers Heroes

DL-coil cable, right?  They are supposed to be more durable than the previous D-coil cables and have been for me.

Do you use a locked or unlocked DL-coil cover?  I use locked.  That means that it is not possible to pull the cable apart from the DL-coil without first removing the DL-coil cover.  It holds it in place.

Did your cable actually break in a way that can be seen?

I have the unlock type. the cover over the end piece came apart and I noticed the wire that is connect to the end piece.. that to me is broken.

• HearPeers Heroes

@mgfiest

Definitely is broken.  The cover that peeled away or tore that is showing the wire, is that the end that attaches to the DL-coil or the end that attaches to the Sonnet?

all good on the warranty stuff... just kind of disappointed that is a problematic piece... cuz it looks like i will be buying after warranty is done.

• HearPeers Heroes

Hopefully you just received a dud before.  My cables have never peeled and I have had Sonnets since Nov 2015.

• HearPeers Heroes

Do you wear any heavy applications to your hair? Leave-in conditioner or hair spray etc? @mgfiest could be a contributing factor.