Hi everyone - introduction

Hi,

hope you are all doing well.

I’m 25 years old and I enjoy out-door activities, reading, music and dancing.

I started losing my hearing as a teenager. Over the years my hearing loss became worse and hearing aid was no longer enough for me. I got my CI surgery done on 21st February 2018. Been switched on for 5 days now and I’ve discovered that hearing with a CI requires A LOT  of practice and patience. Makes me miss my hearing aid which is amusing as I was fed up with it before this :P

Anyway, as hard as my CI journey has been so far, I don’t have regrets.  I’m  also very happy to be here with people that share similar experiences to me and can guide me in my CI journey. I hope to be here for the long run and look forward to helping out the new newbies  :D

Thanks for reading,

shama

• HearPeers Heroes

Welcome Sharma!

Enjoy the journey ahead. Many of us became dissatisfied with our previous hearing aids and are now living great lives with CIs.

I do hope you stick around with us and learn to aid other newbies as they join us.

Congratulations!

• HearPeers Heroes

Welcome Shama.  I look forward to hearing all about your CI journey!

Welcome I received my first implant Oct 2016 I am getting my second implant 3/22/2018 thus making me bilateral yes it is a journey but it is well worth it

Best of Luck,

Dave

On 3/13/2018 at 3:37 AM, Jdashiell said:

Welcome Sharma!

Enjoy the journey ahead. Many of us became dissatisfied with our previous hearing aids and are now living great lives with CIs.

I do hope you stick around with us and learn to aid other newbies as they join us.

Congratulations!

Thank you! I really hope that I’ll end up with the same great results as you all. You guys inspire me to keep practicing and keep hope!

thanks again,

• Like 2

On 3/14/2018 at 0:38 AM, Dave said:

Welcome I received my first implant Oct 2016 I am getting my second implant 3/22/2018 thus making me bilateral yes it is a journey but it is well worth it

Best of Luck,

Dave

Awesome! I hope everything goes well with your surgery and follow-up appointments. I look forward to following your journey as a bilateral CI user. 

Thanks for the welcome :)

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes

Welcome Sharma! Yes it is quite a journey. We all need someone to guide us and help us in times when we’re struggling. This is such an intimate journey as well. We are really struggling to get going and are at a vulernable state we really need those who we can turn to who have experienced what we have or will on the journey. You will find that here! Ask an many questions as you are comfortable. Best if luck on your journey. 

• Like 2