Rondo or Sonett?

Jackie Erickson

Anybody out there have any preferences Rondo or Sonnett? If so, why?

• HearPeers Heroes

@Jackie Erickson, I've ordered Sonnets and the PlusRondo offer for my first processors.  I am looking forward to being able to try the Rondo2; I wear glasses also and the processors are a lot bigger than the hearing aids I've been used to.  I may end up looking like Jughead.  I've heard that the sound from Sonnet is better than Rondo due to having dual microphones, so there will be some trade-off but I'd like to give the Rondo2 a try.

You should be able to get the PlusRondo offer as well, it's available in the US until the FDA approves Rondo2, which is expected to be this fall.

I have two Rondo’s for my right side. This time I’m going with Sonnett because of the two microphones and just see what happens.

• HearPeers Heroes

I have Sonnet. I am getting a Sinnet for my new side too. I really like the sound quality. Althuogh I’m comparing to a HA. Since the Rondo has only one mic I chose Sonnets. Plus the Sonnet has the newest tech which was the other reason I picked it. No regrets here.  

My personal preference wss rondo because it's completely off the ear and to me, more comfortable in theory.

In reality I had issues to keep it on for several months due to swelling after surgery.   remember that recovery is different for everyone and degree of swelling is also an individual experience.

My audi encouraged sonnet due to dual microphones and potential future technological advanced features 

Now that my implant site it completely healed,  I can enjoy rondo in water wear for activities I feel it's more comfortable and more practical.  For everyday use I use Sonnet because directional mics can potentially help in challenging hearing situations.   

In my opinion and from using both, it's strictly a matter of personal preference. I think one can be successful with either processor and satisfaction is also depending on other factors other than just which processor you choose. 

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes

I got one of each and no regrets!

After my surgery I wore the Rondo for about 2 months before wearing the Sonnet. My sutures popped up from the incision and caused irritation behind my ear. Plus it was uncomfortable having something hanging on my ear that soon after surgery. So I was glad to have the Rondo. 

Now I wear the Sonnet everyday and enjoy the dual mics and automatic sound management. I still like the Rondo due to it being off the ear but the Sonnet is more practical for work with the phone and noise. Both are a good choice, any way you choose!

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes

@Jackie Erickson

Wishing you the best on your second side.

I have both Rondos and Sonnets and love them.  I can hear equally well with either.  They each have their advantages.

Rondos are better for me....

-in waterwear

-when sweating

-when I don’t want anything on my ears

-wind noise

-low maintenance...trouble free

Sonnets are better for me......

-phone use

-very noisy places in adaptive mic setting

-using BOSE QC35 BT headphones

-not having to worry about knocking them off my head

For me, 95% of the time I can function equally well with either processor.

I look forward to the Sonnet AudioLink intermediary device for BT streaming.

It is really just personal preference.

You are fortunate to end up with both so you can experiment and decide which one you prefer.  Do you plan on having one of each set for each side?

Will you also be getting the plus Rondo 2?

• Like 1

Yes, I will have two sets for both sides. I haven’t asked about the plus Rondo 2 yet. Thanks for your feedback on the sonnett vs Rondo ?