New Roger transmitter with more features than the Roger Pen

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

Being able to select from 1-6 mic access points at random is going to help many people in noise.

• HearPeers Heroes

This is cool. Wonder if Med-El will offer this as an option, as it does the Roger Pen? 

• HearPeers Heroes

• HearPeers Heroes

@Jewel

Med-El offering the Roger Pen/Sonnet 21 option is relatively new in the US.

I do not know if Med-El will offer the Roger Select instead of the Roger Pen.  Many people are waiting for the AudioLink and wondering if that will be included in new surgical kits and upgrade kits.  No one knows.  

But the Roger Select can be purchased from an audiologist or online from the UK and it will work with the Roger 21 receiver that is an option in the Sonnet surgical kits.  The Roger Pen is limited as a tabletop mic because once sound is at 70 dB it is no longer omnidirectional.  The Roger Select offers a lot of user control over which of six directions should be active at any given time (1-6 directions may be selected) when used as a tabletop mic.  Neat feature.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Jewel

We can only guess on the features of the AudioLink since Med-El will not release info until they actually release the AudioLink.  It is assumed that we will use it for streaming audio to our Sonnets.  It will not work with Rondo nor Rondo 2.  So for Rondo and Rondo 2 users the Artone 3 MAX BT neckloop remains a great option.

• 1 month later...
  • HearPeers Heroes

I just heard from a friend who tested the new Roger Select at a conference recently.  He LOVES it!  

• HearPeers Heroes

I wonder how much the Roger Select costs. 

• HearPeers Heroes

It is listed at connevans online.  They are in the UK and ship.  In the US, Phonak Roger devices have to be ordered through our audiologists.  So in the US, our options are order internationally online or through an audiologist.

Since @Kara of Canada has reported problems with more than one Roger 21 receiver not actually fitting on her Sonnet, I would be hesitant to order a Roger 21 without an easy way to return or exchange it.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • HearPeers Heroes

I will be attending a hands on session with Phonak soon and will be listening to their new Roger Select transmitter connected to Roger 21 Sonnet receivers and also connected to the Roger MyLink receiver neckloop.

Does anyone have any questions they want me to ask?