Remote Control for Opus 2 AND Siemens Hearing Aid?

Mr-LJ

• HearPeers Heroes

Hi,

I have an Opus 2 processor on my right ear and a conventional Siemens Impact Pro DSP hearing aid in my left ear. I want to know if a Siemens TEK remote controller will operate the Opus 2, doe's anyone know? I do have the Medel remote controller for my Opus 2 but it does not work with the Siemens hearing aid. What can I do to control both hearing devices at the same time?

Here is a picture of the Siemens TEK remote controller.

Picture of TEK remote controller

And information is here at... http://www.siemens.co.uk/en/news_press/index/news_archive/innovative-hearing-instruments-on-nhs.htm

Laurence,  that is a question probably better suited for your audiologist.  I can share with you that most manufacturers use proprietary technology to communicate between devices.  For example, the Oticon Streamer for HAs uses Bluetooth technology to pair with a cell phone and a loop for the sound to be transmitted.But the Streamer BT is NOT compatible with any other BT device. It could very well be that your OPUS 2 will always be controlled by your FineTuner and your Siemens HA controlled by the TEK controller. hope this helps.  John

• HearPeers Heroes

Laurence

I have to totally agree with John (as I usually do, cooking is another subject). You would need to touch base with your audiologist. As John states though most companies use strategies that wont allow their product to work with another comapnies.