Good news

drewellwood

Ok last week my daughter was activated and she showed no sign of her hearing anything. I was crushed to say the least. Then on Saturday morning I was in the kitchen and banged on something and my daughter turned around to see what it was. That was my first sign of her starting to hear. Then yesterday on the way to the implant clinic I asked her some question from the front seat and she was able to understand and answer the questions. These last few days have been the best since she came down meningitis on July 1st.   She seemsthat her hearing and speach are getting better to be getting every day.

• HearPeers Heroes

Wow, you must be over the moon. It will just get better and better! So happy for you and your daughter. One step at a time.

Drew, that is great news indeed! her journey to hearing again and yours as an interested parent has began.

• HearPeers Heroes

That is AWESOME!! you made my day. i'm sure she will continue to make progress.

• HearPeers Heroes

Drew - patience.... Lots of thing starts with one good bang! Wink

My parents were told that I do not hear at all, and then came some electricians in to the hospital room where I was - they made (not certain this is the real word) a draft. Door banged and I - jerked.

Wow!!  She could hear you in the back seat and you were driving?  That's fantastic!

I'm so happy for you both.