CI and SSD

artkup

Are there any users out there with cochlear implants who have hearing loss on only one side?  If so, I would love to know of your experiences.

• HearPeers Heroes

Hello Art - welcome to the Forum!

Unfortunately we do not have an active member like you ask for. Recently we had a question like that.

necega....:

• 5 months later...

Dear Art

I'm a candidate for CI in my right ear while my left ear is absolutely normal.  I was wondering if you've had your implant by now and how is it working for SSD?

Fahed

Dear Art

I'm a candidate for CI in my right ear while my left ear is absolutely normal.  I was wondering if you've had your implant by now and how is it working for SSD?

Fahed

Dear Art

Fahed

Dear Art

Fahed

• 5 months later...

Hi Art...I am deaf in left ear and hearing aid in right ear..had several surgeries for otosclerosis since i was a teen and not sure if I can get a CI at my age.  Obviously surgery did not continue to help.

Elaine, there is no top age to get a CI. Start the exploration process, now. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain.