I heard a siren

Sandy

• HearPeers Heroes

Another milestone today. I heard the ambulance siren. Could not distinguish which one until I actually saw the ambulance but so nice to know that I can hear them. I have a question. If you have never heard certain sounds before but now you do, how do you know that it sounds the way it should or do we just then identify this sound as for example, a bird singing. Don't know if I've expressed myself clearly.

• HearPeers Heroes

Yei! Laughing

When I read the title of your post my first thought was - Greece. Wink

Regarding your question, if there is possibility to improve - I do not see other option than to be on constant watch if you notice something new...

This could be pretty exhausting, so I basically would not bother myself with it. I am not writing this because I hear the stuff so I know what I can expect. I am writing this because in some other parts of my life I do not know what my life would be. When my best friend asked me whether I regret because of it? Imagine...

Then I cut her - Why? Why I should ask myself what would be if it would be like that or that...?

What is the point of regretting?

On the other side, if there is possibility for improvement - it will come whether you wish that or not.

• HearPeers Heroes

Ivana, I have always believed that if you regret something in your life, you have wasted precious time. Everything that happens or what we do, is for a reason.

• HearPeers Heroes

AWESOME!!!!!! You go girl!!!

You know it kind of makes me think that since we all hear a little differently with the CI whos to say that we all do hear or percieve sounds slightly differently?

The way I would look at it is, who cares in the big picture. Your hearing will improve so the sounds you are hearing will continnue to get crisper, sharper, recognizable. who cares if somebody else hears it the same as you. the next time you hear that sound and automatically know it is a siren, that is what is important.

Happy for you.

• HearPeers Heroes

Thanks Adam and Ivana. It just amazes me how little people with normal hearing cannot describe what something sounds like.i was out tonight in a crowd of about 200 people and the noise level was tremendous. I heard this sound about two tables away and looked to see what it was. It was a woman laughing but sounded like a machine gun going off. I must admit, even though it is sometimes frustrating, I'm having fun. And as someone reminded me, I can switch it off. Not happening.