scribd

Mary Featherston

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Beth, do you know if there's a way to register for scribd without an Apple account?  I can't see it.

• HearPeers Heroes

Nope, I'm using an iPhone, if only unwillingly.  :D  My problem is that in order to sign up for scribd, the only option that was given was to use my Apple account, and that's borked.  I have been unable to sign into my Apple account for a couple of years.  I went to the Apple website and asked to update my password (because the account no longer accepts the password I set up when the account was created) but when the Apple site thinks it has sent me a message that will enable me to do so, I don't receive the message.  It's annoying for more than just scribd too, because I have to tell the phone "Not Now" when it asks me to sign into my Apple account 30 - 40 times a day.  I did some googling and learned that it's been a known bug since 2015.  Thanks, Apple.  But as it's a company phone, I don't have a choice.  In any case, I deleted scribd and got Audible instead, so never mind.....

• HearPeers Heroes

I am actually not sure how I signed up with scribd.  Sorry.  It is a lot cheaper than audible, I believe.

I don’t have the monthly payments linked to my iTunes account though.  It is billed to me separately.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Featherston

Maybe your library has audiobooks you can check out via your phone.  Ours does.  It is just limited in selection and we must wait for others to finish with the audiobook before we can access it for two weeks.

If you decide scribd may be a good fit for you because it is unlimited audiobooks each month for $8.99, unlike audible which is one free audiobook monthly for $14.95.....it is possible to use scribd on iPod Touch devices.  They tend to be cheap and you could start a completely new iTunes account on the iPod Touch.  Just a thought.

Enjoy listening to audiobooks no matter how you choose to access them.  

• HearPeers Heroes

Hm, that's an idea, @Mary Beth.  Thanks.  I downloaded three audible books onto my phone and will see how that goes.  I'm kind of surprised at how many hours books are.  It takes longer to read them aloud than it does for me to read them!  The three books I got are a total of 44 hours, more than enough for right now.  The website that @Kara of Canada linked to is nice too, if I can be at my computer - which, for the most part, I can at home.  So there are definitely resources!