Pool time fun!

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

I just love using my Rondos in waterwear in the pool.  Before CIs, pool parties left the choice of socializing by staying out of the water and dry or swimming in silence and missing out on the conversations.  We really reduced pool parties in those years.  Now pool parties are a blast!  I love being able to hear perfectly while in the water.  Thank you Med-El!

• Like 2

Good to read that you are enjoying the pool again @Mary Beth, I'm also in the same situation you were, I have the beach at 5 mins but rarely go there. My wife begs me all the time to go. When I go, I just stay in the water for a few minutes and that's about it.

I'm waiting for summer to come here to try mine too :) 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • HearPeers Heroes

Each CI company has approached waterwear use a bit differently.  This week we have been in a record breaking heatwave so we have had several pool parties to keep everyone from melting.  As you know, I just LOVE my Rondos in waterwear covers.  Although it took me several tries to master putting on the waterwear cover easily, the sound quality is just amazing.  And comfort can not be beat with the Rondos since it is form fitting....no excess bulk.  Since the Rondo has a windblock cover, the waterwear covers do not make any unpleasant sound over the Rondo mic.

Usually I switch back to my BTE processors after swimming is finished.  This week I noticed that I had just left the waterwear on my Rondos for the rest of the night.  That is how awesome everything sounds with the Rondo waterwear covers.

Many times people comment on wanting a waterwear solution that can be reused more times.  It gets expensive using waterwear covers.  I wonder how Med-El can do that and still retain the awesome sound quality?  My friends with other brand CIs keep commenting on things sounding muffled in their water systems and they need to increase volume in order to hear a bit better.  I hope that Med-El can retain the awesome sound quality of Rondos in waterwear if they produce a different water solution that can be used more times.

I am thankful I fell under Med-El promotions in the US which allowed me to get Rondos as well as BTE processors.  I REALLY am thankful for my Rondos in waterwear.  

• Like 2