Echo

Tom Manz

Has anyone ever had a echo in their med-el. I have had one for two years and have been to two audiologist and even a med-el Representative. Has it been resolved?

Hi @Tom Manz, welcome to the forum.

Can you let us know more about the echoes? I also have them but I'm only 4 weeks post activation.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Tom Manz

During MAPping adjustments I have experienced an echo once or twice.  I told my audiologist and she adjusted something in my MAP and it vanished immediately.  I do not know what adjustments she made.  Sorry.

I have never left with a MAP that had an echo at any time in my CI journey.  But as you know, everyone’s journey is unique.

I know several CI users who benefitted by going to different CI centers for second opinions on their MAPs.  

Do you have one CI?  Are you wearing a HA in your other ear?  Is the echo there when you listen with just your one CI alone?

The echo is just sound after the spoken word. everyone's voice and sounds have a high note, more like Micky Mouse. I have told my audiologist but when they bring the pitch lower its hard to understand words. Music is completely unrecognizable. I have 1 hearing aid and that sounds like normal hearing without the CI. I live in Durham NC and and go to Duke for my adjustments. Have been to 2 audiologist and a Rep. from  Med-El. I have had this problem from day 1. Thinking of contacting Med-El which is located here in Durham. This will be my next step but just wanted to know if others had this problem.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Tom Manz

I am sorry you are having this problem.  You certainly are located in a great place to seek help nearby.  I hope someone can sort this out for you soon.  That must be irritating.