Conferences, workshops, meet ups

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

Has anyone attended the annual HLAA conference in Milwaukee or the AG Bell conference in Arizona this year?

Anyone attending the ALDA (Association of Late Deafened Adults) conference in Portland, Oregon in October?

Anyone attending any Hands On Hearing workshops?

Med-El Meet UPs or Mingles?

It would be really cool to have a Hear Peers gathering every few years where Med-El could present to us and we could actually meet face to face.  Would anyone else be interested in something like that?  

• HearPeers Heroes

I would, definitely, @Mary Beth .  There's a Med-El open house in a couple of weeks at my clinic which is, luckily enough, on the same day as my remapping.  :-)  So I will meet my Med-El rep, which I've been wanting to do.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Beth - the email was from a guy called Landon Lacey, so I assume it's him.

• HearPeers Heroes

I would certainly attend a HP Meetup. 

I checked the Hands on Hearing website. I thought they would have a schedule of the workshops for the entire year, but they only mentioned one. Of course I wouldn't attend one until I get my CI. 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Jewel

I bet more Hands On Hearing workshops will be added.  Keep checking.  They are by far the most useful workshops I have ever seen.  The Hands On part where you get to use various tech for yourself with guidance from Jeff Campagna and his team is priceless.  When I attended one in NC, a gentleman was able to understand on the phone for the first time ever.  His wife was moved to tears.  

• HearPeers Heroes

Goodness.  Thanks, @hadron - I appreciate you waving me off a potential faux pas! 

• HearPeers Heroes

Goodness.  Thanks, @hadron - I appreciate you waving me off a potential faux pas!