Rondo 2 FAQ

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

I just read the FAQ. Now I'm wondering what happens when the battery goes bad after 5 years of use. Can that battery be replaced? Or will I need to get a brand new external processor. 

What happened to the chat we were supposed to have with one of the Med El experts @MED-EL Moderator? Is it going to happen this year? Are you waiting for it to be released in the US before having that live chat? Just curious. 

• HearPeers Heroes

I’m trying to post this for the third time!  I keep getting FORBIDDEN.  @MED-EL Moderator  Sigh

I am interested in the Rondo 2 live chat too.

@Jewel We have to send the Rondo 2 to Med-El for service.

• HearPeers Heroes

Nice, thanks, I'm looking forward to Rondo2.  It may not replace my Sonnet, but I think it will be a great alternative.

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes

I am curious to read new users’ reviews of Rondo 2.  Rondo 2 uses an omni mic and ASM 1. (Automatic sound management 1).  Those of us who have used Opus 2, Rondos or the Sonnets before the ASM 2 features were activated are familiar with omni mic settings and ASM 1.  But new users with Sonnets that were activated in ASM 2 have no experience with ASM 1 and many have little to no experience with omni mic settings since most are activated in the natural dual mic setting.  So I am curious to read these new users’ reviews of Rondo 2.  

I love ASM 1 and omni mic settings.  But I was also activated in both so I learned to hear that way.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Beth I've been using the omni setting on my Sonnet except when I want to filter out background noise.  My audiologist thinks that omni is a good way to start.

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Featherston

Interesting.  I am a big fan of omni mic settings in Sonnets for several reasons and I use omni as my everyday program.  I switch to always adaptive in loud noise sometimes.  I do not care for natural mic setting.  It restricts my access to sound too much.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Beth - that's basically what Kirsten said.  That the natural setting is more restrictive than omni - as a new CI user, I'm better off getting all the input I can .  My default setting since I was activated has been omni, but now I have adaptive and natural too.  I use adaptive in some situations, but have not really used natural much.

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes

I ha e tried natural a couple different times. I haven’t liked it. So I got rid of it. I found it too quiet. I am an adaptive user.