Roger

Dave in Pittsburgh

I received my Roger21 and Roger Pen  10 days ago all I have to say is WOW! It’s great to watch TV and not have closed caption on. I have been involved in 3 conferences with approx 5-15 people and it was great to hear people with very little problems.The conference that had 15 people att I did ask the person to wear the pen during his opening speech,I was little hesitant I guess fear,embarrassment but he had no problem at all with my request and we were strangers we have never meet.

I am bilateral and I had my audiologist order a second Roger for my other ear even though I have to pay for it,as insurance classification is accessory .

• Like 4

• HearPeers Heroes

@Dave in Pittsburgh

When you use the Roger Pen and Roger 21 receiver with your Sonnet, do you find the Roger volume loud enough?  Did you have to have the Roger 21 Easy Gain adjusted by your audiologist?  Do you make any volume changes on your Sonnet?

Yes the volume is loud enough no problem. I have the Roger 21,I see my audiologist pm Aug 31 the MEDEL Rep did the pairing she was in town for a seminar so there is a few things I want to go over . Volume is one I like it to be louder with the phone, Roger Select the MEDEL said it’s only available in certain markets.i did not make any volume changes.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Dave in Pittsburgh

Other people have mentioned wanting the Roger to be louder with their phones too.  You can do this by having the Easy Gain of the Roger 21 receiver increased.  The Roger Select is not part of the Med-El kit but is available throughout the US for purchase.  Phonak US will not sell anything direct to end users so you have to go through any audiologist who has a Phonak account or purchase online (like through Connevans in the UK).  

I have a CI friend in the US who has it and she loves it.  It was impressive when I tested it out in noise during a training at work.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Dave in Pittsburgh

Other people have mentioned wanting the Roger to be louder with their phones too.  You can do this by having the Easy Gain of the Roger 21 receiver increased.  The Roger Select is not part of the Med-El kit but is available throughout the US for purchase.  Phonak US will not sell anything direct to end users so you have to go through any audiologist who has a Phonak account or purchase online ( like through Connevans in the UK). 

I have a CI friend in the US who has it and she loves it.  It was impressive when I tested it out in noise during a training at work.