Roger Pen Connectivity

Jewel

• HearPeers Heroes

I was reading that the ipads that are to be released shortly by Apple may not have a headphone jack. So how would I connect the Roger Pen to it? 

I understand that newer models of the iPhone don't have the headphone jack either. Would using a special connector distort the sound quality since the Roger won't be plugged directly into the mobile device? 

Seeing that technology keeps changing, I thought it would be better to wait for the newer model Ipad but now with this headphone jack issue I'm not so sure. 

Thoughts? 

• HearPeers Heroes

Remember that using the Roger Pen micro cable connected to any device via a headphone jack will still be mixing environmental sounds through the Sonnet mic.  50/50 mix.  So unless you are in a completely quiet room, this may not be best for aural rehab apps etc.

The iPhone comes with a headphone adapter.  Maybe the iPad will too?

Artone 3 MAX BT neckloop will give you 100/0 if you use your Fine Tuner on T.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Jewel iPads have Bluetooth, don't they?  The Roger pen is a Bluetooth device.

But as @Mary Beth points out, you can't screen out all the background noise, it's 50/50 microphone and bluetooth.  I find that at work, in meetings, the Roger pen is preferable, but at home for some things I want the Artone 3 neckloop.  For example, I like to sit out on my deck with an audiobook, but my neighbor's small children scream a lot.  So I put my processor on T and the screaming kids and the lawn mower and everything else just goes away. 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Jewel iPads have Bluetooth, don't they?  The Roger pen is a Bluetooth device.

But as @Mary Beth points out, you can't screen out all the background noise, it's 50/50 microphone and bluetooth.  I find that at work, in meetings, the Roger pen is preferable, but at home for some things I want the Artone 3 neckloop.  For example, I like to sit out on my deck with an audiobook, but my neighbor's small children scream a lot.  So I put my processor on T and the screaming kids and the lawn mower and everything else just goes away. 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Featherston

The Roger Pen’s BT feature ONLY works for phone calls.  You can not use it for any other audio even from phones.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Featherston

The Roger Pen’s BT feature ONLY works for phone calls.  You can not use it for any other audio even from phones.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Featherston

• HearPeers Heroes

Well, phooey.  I'm glad I bought the neckloop.  I will say that I have found the Roger pen really handy for phone calls.  I've spent the last fifteen years avoiding the phone at all costs, and have used the Roger pen twice in the last week to be reasonably functional in some conference calls.

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes

Nope, @Mary Beth - I have started carrying the Roger pen in the backpack that I take to work, and I got a micro USB cable for my laptop's docking bay so I can charge it.  But the neckloop (for whatever reason) has tended to stay at our charging station at home.

And I don't talk on the phone at home - see above about the studious avoidance of telephones for the last umpteen years.  Basically, I have to paid to talk on the phone. 

Heh.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Hicksy

I use my Artone with my iPad everyday too.  Great device.