Rondo 2, better?

Lbarbar

Hello,

have anyone used Rondo 2?

i am wondering about the sound quality and speech discrimination, is it better than rondo 1?

• HearPeers Heroes

Hi @Lbarbar

I met a Rondo 2 user who had been using Rondo 1 previously.  This user commented on the lightness of the Rondo 2 and the ease of charging without disposable batteries.  This user loves it.  Nothing was said about sound quality and speech discrimination.

I am hoping we will see posts from some Rondo 2 users here on HPs soon now that it has been released in some countries.

Thank you Mary Beth for your reply.

yes i have read about the lightness and the battery thing, also about the Bluetooth ...

but i need to know if the sound quality is better and if it is worth paying a lot o money.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Lbarbar

What did you read about Bluetooth?  I think the Rondo 2 has the same connectivity options of the present Rondo.

We can use BT neckloops (like Artone 3 MAX) and set the Rondo to T or MT.  Sound travels via BT from device to neckloop and then via telecoil induction to the Rondo.

We can use Roger transmitters with Roger MyLink receiver neckloop and set the Rondo to T or MT.  Sound travels via Roger proprietary 2.4 wireless from transmitter to neckloop and then via telecoil induction to the Rondo.

If we don’t mind using the Rondo mini battery pack which has a thin cable extending from the Rondo to the battery pack, we can plug in the DAI cable or a Roger X (02) receiver.

I like using the CozyPhone flat headband speakers with my Rondo.  They sound great.

I think the Rondo 2 has the same options.

• 2 months later...
On ‎8‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 10:35 AM, Lbarbar said:

Hello,

have anyone used Rondo 2?

i am wondering about the sound quality and speech discrimination, is it better than rondo 1? 

yes I think better because it has more sensitivity to the softer and softer sounds. Automatically manages the sounds of the environment by further enhancing the sounds of human speech. I think it's very similar to Sonnet.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Sonia

I am glad you like the Rondo 2.  It sure is a sleek looking processor.

Since Rondo 2 has one mic and uses Automatic Sound Management 1, I assumed it would sound and function more like the Rondo 1 than the Sonnet Since Sonnets have 2 mics and use Automatic Sound Management 2.

I wonder if the mic design of the Rondo 2 is more sensitive than the mic in the Rondo?  

I am wondering if people will miss the Rondo 1 wind block which has the added benefit of reducing hair noise?

1 hour ago, Mary Beth said:

@Sonia

I am glad you like the Rondo 2.  It sure is a sleek looking processor.

Since Rondo 2 has one mic and uses Automatic Sound Management 1, I assumed it would sound and function more like the Rondo 1 than the Sonnet Since Sonnets have 2 mics and use Automatic Sound Management 2.

I wonder if the mic design of the Rondo 2 is more sensitive than the mic in the Rondo?  

I am wondering if people will miss the Rondo 1 wind block which has the added benefit of reducing hair noise? 

The rondo 1 has the microphone exposed out on a ledge, makes more friction with the hair and the wind is heard to beat, sometimes it bothers me and turns the rondo 1 down to move the strands of hair on the microphone. the rondo 1 borrowed by medel in August to receive rondo 2 in September).

I did not know that rondo 2 has management 1 and sonnet has management 2, well, it should be from my inner ear to be more equalized in the telemetry for the most serious sounds but the trebles are still open (I'm still in the program stimulation p4).

I still do not hear the F and V sounds of the high frequencies with rondo 2.

• HearPeers Heroes

My Rondo 1 has the mic kind of hidden under the microphone cover.

2 hours ago, Mary Beth said:

My Rondo 1 has the mic kind of hidden under the microphone cover.

THERE IS A MICROPHONE COVER. OK.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Sonia

I don’t experience wind or hair noise with my Rondo 1.  I think that is because the mic is protected under that cover.

The Rondo 2 Mic has a mic cover that is flush with the processor.  Kind of like the Sonnet mic cover design.  I do experience hair and wind noise with my Sonnets.  I keep my hair cut shorter near the Sonnet mics to avoid that problem.  

This is why I am interested in hearing everyone’s experience with Rondo 2 for hair noise and wind noise.  I am trying to learn from all of you who have Rondo 2s already.

I appreciate your posts.

Well in quiet environments, I notice the noise of hair strands touching the microphone of rondo 2, the solution is to pick up the hair in a ponytail, but often I get the noise that does not bother me. In noisier surroundings or in the presence of other sounds I can not seem to notice the noise of the hair to go unnoticed, it is a matter of habit and it is normal from time to time to feel more sensitive with these noises until I hear my dry skin when I rub gently the skin.