New to HearPeers - Surgery Next Week!

Margo

Hello Everyone!

I am scheduled for unilateral cochlear implant next Thursday at London Health Sciences Centre in London, Ontario. I have been waiting for almost a year so I'm excited that it's finally going to happen! 

Can anyone share how they felt immediately after surgery? I'm hoping not to have too much pain or after effects. 

• HearPeers Heroes

Hi I just saw your other post and this one answers my question. About pain for Mist it is minimal. But it depends on how invasive the surgery is. If your worried about pain speak to the anaesthesiology team. They will make sure you’re comfortable afterwards. I didn’t have hardly any pain with my second one. My first was very invasive. Which is unusual. 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Margo

congratulations!

My CI surgery recovery times were very easy.  I just took Tylenol for a couple of days.  I hope you are as fortunate.

Wishing you the best!

• 2 weeks later...

Four days post-op. Surprisingly little pain which is manageable with regular Tylenol. A little off-balance, especially first thing in the morning, but not too bad. Hope the rest of the journey goes as well!

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes

Hi @Margo - glad to hear you're doing well!  I look forward to hearing how you're doing.