new implant

Adam

• HearPeers Heroes

ok folks

If you had to come up with a new name for a CI, or BB, what would you name it and why?

Adam, I have been telling everyone that my implant will look like an Oreo cookie in size and thickness.......since I haven't even seen either one yet, due to my activation being next week, I would have to go with the cookie name......Oreo :)

• HearPeers Heroes

come on John! I expected a little more creativity from you.

• HearPeers Heroes

good question, i'll think about it and post today.

• HearPeers Heroes

How about Boetheos or paraclete.

They both mean "Helper"

In next spring, there will come up an new processor.

Don't know how it named, maybe Amandé II, Amandé NT, Amandé X, Amandé + ?

If you are bilateral, so it looks like Mikey Mouse Laughing

Thomas

good question, i'll think about it and post today.

Adam, at least I posted, something.  you should know by know that I am not that creative!

• HearPeers Heroes

John,

You not creative? oh please!! You dont give yourself enough credit.

• HearPeers Heroes

I call mine the RONDII or OPII.

Like the way you think, John...Wink

• HearPeers Heroes

In next spring, there will come up an new processor.

Don't know how it named, maybe Amandé II, Amandé NT, Amandé X, Amandé + ?

If you are bilateral, so it looks like Mikey Mouse Laughing

Thomas

Thomas, I have caught a mistake in your posts already before but it wasn't really matter so I didn't correct you but our processor is AMADE (without N). Wink

Also - next year? 2014.? Excellent - I would gladly like if we could give our propositions regarding future options. Amade should really be totally refurbished.

• HearPeers Heroes

How about Boetheos or paraclete.

They both mean "Helper"

Like the way you think Adam also - your propositions are inspirational and John's are creative...Laughing

• HearPeers Heroes

Oh, c'mon don't be hurt - I like both concepts very much! Wink

As Med-El is Austrian company I could bet they will stay conservative.

• HearPeers Heroes

yes i think your right Ivana. isnt it tha way for most of Europe?

• HearPeers Heroes

yes i think your right Ivana. isnt it tha way for most of Europe?

No, no... that's the beauty of Europe: each country/each nation is pretty individual with their own peculiarities.

North of Europe is more technical, working forces and south of Europe is more part for pleasures, different view on life.

I remember the moment when one our journalist went to Sweden and asked one interviewer - if he could ask the most imaginative dish on Earth right now, what he would ask for? He said: spaghetti carbonara... This is ok answer but it is nothing special...Or for instance, in Finland kids does not get cars from their parents when they reach 18th. Totally ok and I support this 100% - but in southern parts of Europe this action is totally not understandable.

Different view toward life, religion, universe in whole. That is why you really need to travel across Europe to understand it: our past, present and the future. Why Europe needed so much time to achieve unitarity. On the other side, even this continent is a continent of enormous differences: sociologically, culturally, financially, legally...

• HearPeers Heroes

But, Ivana, this is with most countries, continents. It doesn't matter where you travel each has many cultures and diversities and even within each city. That is what makes travelling so awesome, the ability to experience this wherever you go or live. In my city we have Scottish, Irish, Italian, Finnish, aboriginal, to name a few.

• HearPeers Heroes

This is the way it is in the U.S.  just not to that extent. I was born and raised in upstate NY about 90 miles north of NY city. I now live in south Carolina in the southeast. it took quite a bit of adjustment to the South. The accents, pace of life, big difference.

• HearPeers Heroes

But, Ivana, this is with most countries, continents. It doesn't matter where you travel each has many cultures and diversities and even within each city. That is what makes travelling so awesome, the ability to experience this wherever you go or live. In my city we have Scottish, Irish, Italian, Finnish, aboriginal, to name a few.

Yes, but people who went to USA got another perspective toward life - free market to work as much as you wish to get what you want. A true meaning in American dream. In Europe it is little bit different, a lot of people security means that you are not so free to do what you want. You have to work and give a lot of your income for taxes and social security. Been raised in that spirit I am for that concept - it is really nice you can fly as much as you ant but on the other side you can got down in the matter of way you would never in such society like Scandinavian.

Regarding your observation Sandy - yes it is true, I am from Europe so I can speak in our name. I do not see our position uniquely disastrous.

Presently, we can say that things with globalisation change a lot so having a lot of immigrants changes the main centres in Europe but rural and small-town regions stay same like in the old time.

• HearPeers Heroes

This is the way it is in the U.S.  just not to that extent. I was born and raised in upstate NY about 90 miles north of NY city. I now live in south Carolina in the southeast. it took quite a bit of adjustment to the South. The accents, pace of life, big difference.

Of course, human nature is uniquely same wherever you go. But adaptation is one of human greatest habits - although been from Croatia/southern part of Europe I am still closer to the northern way of thinking toward life. Possibly because my hometown has been for a long time under Austrian influence.