met a medel recipient.

Adam

• HearPeers Heroes

You never know when you are going to run into one. I did a funeral today and a guy walks up and asks me about my CI. turns out he has been implanted with medel for 10 years. Bilateral as well. strangely he only had one on . He was, if i had to guess maybe 50 years old ans told me he was born deaf. I was really surprised at this as his speech, considering his situation was pretty darn good.

He called us brothers, that really made me think that there is a lot to be said for folks that share a common bond. of some type.

Is my memory faulty or are you the one who seems to ALWAYS be running into other CI users Laughing, folks wanting to know about CI's, etc?

Maybe it never happens to me because my hair covers my processor.... I need to wear a sign of some sort.

• HearPeers Heroes

lisa i do seem to run into a number of folks with CI'just by chance. my hospital will also send people my way who are trying to decide if they want one or not. or if they already have one andthey are thinking about a 2bd.

i try to stay neutral but they always about my hearing experience and what it is like. i get to share then how awesome MED-EL is.. Some have gone with medel and sme have not. the last guy i spoke too, we were in constant communixation via email and had finally ecided that medel was for him. then he found out about another company getting ready to kaunch their new BTE. He changed his mind and waited for he new BTE.

that one bummed me out but we still stay in very close contact because as i told him. ultimately the mist important thing us his hearing.

he has had some bumps in the road with it but he is doing better than beforehe got it which was the goal.

the guy i met yesterday heard me fine in the noisy foyer. he had an oous 2 but it bkended so well with his hair, i couldnt even tell he was wearing it

• HearPeers Heroes

Excuse the typos in that last post. trying to do it from my phone does not seem to work to well. Embarassed

• HearPeers Heroes

Excuse the typos in that last post. trying to do it from my phone does not seem to work to well. Embarassed

Not in the same shoes...WinkTongue out

• HearPeers Heroes

i had a blackberry phhone for years because of the qwerty keyboard. ny BB finally quit working so i upgraded to a samsung galaxy. i still have notbeen able to get used to the screen touchpad. i am always hitting the wrong letters. you would think by now i would double check before sending but I'm not that smart

• HearPeers Heroes

i had a blackberry phhone for years because of the qwerty keyboard. ny BB finally quit working so i upgraded to a samsung galaxy. i still have notbeen able to get used to the screen touchpad. i am always hitting the wrong letters. you would think by now i would double check before sending but I'm not that smart

Oh, I hate recheck things I have done so sometimes (a lot) do a huge foolishness...Don't bother yourself... I have pretty small HTC and write a lot of wrong letters because it has very badly responsive screen in the same time...Frown

• HearPeers Heroes

Hey Lisa, Adam isn't the only one running into people re: CIs. Just today I was at a craft sale and met up with a couple selling their crafts and I hadn't seen them for awhile. I told them I had a CI and we got talking and now they wil be coming to my place to get information as the husband can no longer hear with his hearing aids. They don't use or have a computer so looks like I'm it. It's so nice to be able to help others. I have short hair so it's always visible but must admit, when I meet people, I tend to be chatty about my Rondo. And people are so interested.

• HearPeers Heroes

Sandy, That is awesome!! Since they dont use the internet, maybe you could go to the medel website and request an information packet for them.