Surgery Approval Issues- Insurance

BarbWV

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone-

My personal appeal was approved and the original denial decision of "not medically necessary," was overturned. My new surgery date for my right ear is December 30, 2013 (less that two weeks- yikes!). I am still waiting on snail mail to deliver the official paperwork but I spoke to the insurance company yesterday & it was approved.

Thanks for your support everyone!

~Barb

Barb, a ginormous Woohoo for you and the power of perseverance!  What a Christmas present.  It appears that you won't be doing much celebrating on New Year's Eve, or will you? You will toast with Iron City Beer?

I await your follow up posts.

• HearPeers Heroes

Great news Barb. I'm happy for you. Have a very Merry Christmas and the new year is sure to be awesome!

• HearPeers Heroes

Justice... Slow but available - by time and patience... Thumb up!

• 3 weeks later...
  • HearPeers Heroes

Hi Barb, just curious how your surgery went. Happy New Year.

Hi Everyone-

Thanks for asking Sandy!

I am officially 1 week and 2 days post op & feeling great (right side CI only)! I was on pain meds for a few days,wobbly & my ear/portions of my head were numb (better now) but other than that the recovery was fairly easy. I was shocked! My activation date is January 31st and I can not wait! My doctor was actually able to save some of the hearing I have left- I will probably lose it down the road but for the time being it should help with the transistion to a cochlear.

I hope everyone had a great new years! (I was a little under 48 hours post op then so I was in bed by 8 :P)

~Barb

Congratulations, Barb!

I'm glad you were able to get through the insurance hurdles. Hopefully the next three weeks won't go by too painfully slow.

Let us know your activation story when it happens.

• HearPeers Heroes

I'm glad everything is working out. Keep us posted. Your journey continues and it just gets better. Nice that you still have some hearing.

• HearPeers Heroes

Barb - glad everything went well, especially after your unexpected episode.

In our most inner-devastating troubles, we eventually find our way to reach for the stars - your story is an inspiration for the rest of us - never give up. Just wish your wish more heartly.