Rondo not holding at all

artkup

I just received my Rondo yesterday with the #2 magnet.  It repeatedly fell off my head and I'm very concerned about losing it.  My AuD is hesitant to go up much in magnet strength because of the effect on my healing wound.  Anyone have good suggestions for physically connecting the Rondo for the time being?  I tried the fishhook line but it doesn't reach to anything useful. If anyone has any good pictures to post of solutions they've come up with, I'd appreciate hearing them.

Does the holding improve over time as the head swelling reduces?  Why doesn't Med-El include the #4 strength magnet in the original package?

If the Rondo proves that it doesn't hold sufficiently well, is it really an improvement over the Opus?

My audi said usually the magnet strength is greatest soonest after surgery due to swelling.

As the swelling subsides you can go lower on magnet strength.

I didn't wear any processor until I was 4+ weeks from surgery.

• HearPeers Heroes

I just received my Rondo yesterday with the #2 magnet.  It repeatedly fell off my head and I'm very concerned about losing it.  My AuD is hesitant to go up much in magnet strength because of the effect on my healing wound.  Anyone have good suggestions for physically connecting the Rondo for the time being?  I tried the fishhook line but it doesn't reach to anything useful. If anyone has any good pictures to post of solutions they've come up with, I'd appreciate hearing them.

Does the holding improve over time as the head swelling reduces?  Why doesn't Med-El include the #4 strength magnet in the original package?

If the Rondo proves that it doesn't hold sufficiently well, is it really an improvement over the Opus?

Hi Art,

if the cut of your wound healed - nothing will happen with it when you put stronger magnet. Any kind of irritation you will feel before you get to the point of irreversible damage. This is from a professional point of view.

Personally, I wear BB and Nr.4 magnet - although I was warned this is too strong, I proved each day that I was right. I am more confident with stronger magnet and - nothing happen. My implant sticks out of my head even and - never had any kind of problem.