new processor - Sonnet - how long for adjusment ?

worryingaboutnothing

I have been upgraded to a new processor which is the sonnet (I previously had a tempo processor).

Have people been having problems with adjusting to a new processor ?  Especially the Sonnet.

I am find the sounds on the new processor worst and hearing very little and everything sounding totally different to my previous processor.  I am in a panic mode as to how long it should take before things feeling back to normal.  I am finding the sounding is totally different to the processor and guessing I will need to be remapping to adjust this?

Does people have this problem every time they have an upgrade ?

With all the above happening,  how do I get my Employer to be more understanding ???

• HearPeers Heroes

Hi @worryingaboutnothing - I haven't had my CIs long enough to upgrade yet, but it sounds to me as though you need a different MAP with the Sonnet.  I believe that others here had the same experience - their Opus2 MAP didn't work with Sonnet.  I would suggest asking your audiologist.

And honestly, your employer needs to not be a jerk.  🙂