Cold Weather and your CI

Sandy

• HearPeers Heroes

Has anyone had any problems with their processor due to cold weather. This is my first winter with mine and was wondering if the cold weather has an adverse effect on it. Our current temperature is -29 and could get as low as -45 during the winter. Does the cold affect the battery life?

I assume that EXTREME cold would affect the processor as much as anything else not typically designed for such weather extremes.  I don't think that the processor itself will ever be exposed to such temperatures though as it'll either be worn at the time or be in a pocket (protected by clothing and/or the wearer's body heat) and therefore shouldn't exhibit a significant change in performance.

It gets cold where I'm at, sometimes in the low teens, (lol, you make my "cold weather" seem like a walk in the park!) but I'm always either bundled up and ready for it (coat, hat, etc.) or I'm not leaving the warmth of my home/vehicle.  I tend to overdress anyway and have always been "a bit of a sweater" so even in the cold weather, I'll work up a sweat and wind up needing to wear a sweatsock to protect the processor.

I'm curious as to what you wind up seeing in regards to battery life...

Sandy, a clarification, please.  -45 C or F.  I am guessing C since your are from the land of Sgt. Preston of the Yukon and Mike Holmes! As Chuckie so aptly put it, (lol, you make my "cold weather" seem like a walk in the park!)

thanks

• HearPeers Heroes

Chuckie, my batteries usually last 5 to 6 days.

John, at -45 C it is -49 F - freezing no matter what! Next winter I hope to relocate for a few months to a warmer place.