Need advice on which clinic do better CI & trainining, Mayo Clinic at Rochester MN or University of Michigan or great choice at Chicago area?

Max@Chicago

Hello, I am the new in this forum and based at Chicago area. I am considering  to do Cochlear Implant at either Mayo Clinic at Rochester of MN or University of Michigan. Could any friend in forum give advice and your experience in either location? If anyone share or recommends great experience at any CI center in Chicago area, it will be appreciated too! 

• HearPeers Heroes

Welcome @Max@Chicago.  I am in New York but just wanted to welcome you to the group. Wishing you the best.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Max@Chicago - if you are willing to consider coming to Minnesota, you might also consider the CI clinic at the University of Minnesota.  My surgeon and audiologist there are both excellent.

@Max@ChicagoI agree with Mary Featherston it really depends on the surgeon and the Audiologists especially the audiologists as that is the person you will be dealing with on the long term 

Ask for references on the from the various centers

Mary & Dave, Thank you for helpful comments.