dwb01d

In my 3rd week with Cochlear implant activation in right ear and experiencing over powering ringing, static and high pitched sounds. Even when the room is quite I can hear my own breathing but it comes across as a loud high pitched noise. Would like to know from other adult cochlear implant recipients if this is normal and if so how long did it last.

Prior to the Cochlear implant I wore hearing aids for over 40 years as a result of military service and Vietnam war, finally the hearing aids would no longer provide the level of support required.

• HearPeers Heroes

@dwb01d

hello and congratulations on your cochlear implant.  Are all of these sounds only happening when your processor is on?  Which processor do you have?

Nucleus 7 Cochlear

Initially the sounds were only when the processor was on, now however I am wakening up after 2 - 3 hours of sleep with the same sounds, no processor.

• HearPeers Heroes

@dwb01d

It may be best to check with your audiologist.  I had strange tinnitus after activation when I removed my device too.