Today's Mapping

Sandy

• HearPeers Heroes

I had my next mapping this morning and it went really well. Hearing test was a great improvement so audiologist also upped the pitch and volume. She was extremely proud at how much progress I'm making. The 3 Ps are definitely working! I was also given a Quattro Bluetooth loopset. She had an extra one from the picnic they had in the Fall so I'm anxious to try it out when I get home. This has been a fabulous day!

• HearPeers Heroes

I was activated in May 2013. I have a very low tolerance for high pitched sounds as well as loud noises, so it's taking longer but that's ok. I'm retired and have time to spend with the 3Ps.

• 2 weeks later...
  • HearPeers Heroes

YES!!!!!!!!!!

That is awesome,glad to hear it. Now I'm sure your aware the hard work begins. Happy for you.

Adam

• HearPeers Heroes

Thanks Adam. Yes, it is hard work but so worth it.

• 1 month later...

I had my second mapping last monday, and am really enjoying my CI and my hearing progress.Laughing

I was anxious to try FM with my Bimodal setup, as I know how much the FM set-up helped when I had Binaural HAs. BUT I needed new receivers to go with my CI and the HA i'm now using in my non-implanted ear. Cry

I managed to secure a second user pair of Phonak MLxi receivers off Ebay at the weekend, which have arrived today, so now I'm all set up and running on FM -  currently listening to the news channel,(TV isn't even in the same room) and getting pretty much all off it!Laughing

At my next mapping, i'm going to have to ask if one of the programmes on my Opus2 can be set-up for listening via the FM only, ie like when you can select T on it's own, rather than M/T with telecoil. Does anybody have experience of this, as when I mentioned it on monday, my Audi didn't seem sure??

Mike