S n o w - S t u f f: How we protect them

Ivana Marinac

• HearPeers Heroes

Winter came finally into my town, last night snow has fallen and tonight we are going below 0 (Celsius).

I would like to ask you: how do you protect your device which are not waterproof nor water resistant. By this, I mean - do you wear cap regularly? Or something else - I am talking about humidity effect etc.

• HearPeers Heroes

Hi Ivana, our temperature gets to -45 Celsius and we've had lots of snow. If I'm shovelling, I usually don't wear my rondo as I don't wear scarves or hats and I wouldn't want it to fall in the snow and I can't find it. If it's light snow I pull up the hood on my jacket or leave it in my pocket until I get in my car. With the -45, I've found the battery was only lasting for a maximum of 4 days, otherwise I get 5 to 6 days with my batteries.

• HearPeers Heroes

An interesting observation (about batteries).

Well, here is not even close so cold. I wear hats and scarves (you are not cold for God's sake?!?) more because of my sinuses which are allergic to temperature changes. A lot.

Ok - I am not scared of direct impact. Thought that cold and wet weather are not particularly good for our devices. Or I am thinking from money corner - don't know really....

• 2 weeks later...
  • HearPeers Heroes

Ivana

I usually wear a hat or take them off if I am going to be outside for a short time.

Adam

• HearPeers Heroes

Ivana, you should try the MedEl Headband! It has a pocket specifically designed for single unit processors: http://www.medel.com/int/sports-headband.  It does work, well. good luck.

John

I would gladly, but it is unavailable in my country.

When I put a question on the official site, I was contacted by the representative of UK - to contact provider in my country.

In short - we are running our own tail. Not funny.

• HearPeers Heroes

Ivana I usually wear a hat or take them off if I am going to be outside for a short time. Adam

Yes Adam - I practice this also. I was just curious whether this is enough or not.

Tnx.

• 1 year later...

Hi Ivana, our temperature gets to -45 Celsius and we've had lots of snow. If I'm shovelling, I usually don't wear my rondo as I don't wear scarves or hats and I wouldn't want it to fall in the snow and I can't find it. If it's light snow I pull up the hood on my jacket or leave it in my pocket until I get in my car. With the -45, I've found the battery was only lasting for a maximum of 4 days, otherwise I get 5 to 6 days with my batteries.

so LONG with your batteries? I only get 4 days TOPS and that's with 'leaving them open to the air for about 5 minutes before placing them'. I wear them like 16 hours a day.

About hats... I wear a cap outdoors (not a baseball one) and it doesn't affect my Rondo at all. I'm quite adept at putting in on and taking it off without disturbing it at all and it has the added bonus of preventing it getting rained on and stops wind noise.

• HearPeers Heroes

The battery life on my opus 2 was right at 5 days. With the sonnet I get 2.5 days. With the opus 2 it used 3 batteries. The sonnet uses 2 batteries

• HearPeers Heroes

I wear ball caps all the time. If it is pouring rain I usually just take them off to be safe

• HearPeers Heroes

I wear winter hat. It works fine with my sonnet. It actually feels tighter so it's safe.

• HearPeers Heroes

I have used an umbrella more since having an ci and wear a northerners flat cap daily, occasionally a trilby if it is going to be wet and my hands are full.

• HearPeers Heroes

Not familiar with a Trilby. You might have to explain that one