Frankie goes to Hollywood... ;)

Ivana Marinac

• HearPeers Heroes

Hello everybody, good to see and read everybody - hope you are all good and in shape (like possibly our soul-father Adam would say). :)

Although it is not the beginning of the New Year, I am excited these days - going to the World Congress of Audiology which will be held in the homeland of a CI, Australia. Laughing

http://www.wca2014.com/

My mentor and I will have an oral presentation about our experience of implanting and been implanted with the bone conduction implant.

Yei!

• HearPeers Heroes

Congratulations, Ivana. You must be very excited. Australia is a beautiful country. Which part will you be going to? Will your presentation be online somewhere that we can hear and see it?

• HearPeers Heroes

Ivanka,

have a look at this link - see if you can extend your trip to Sydney.

It looks like an interesting event - and you can meet me!

http://www.scic.org.au/our-activities/clinical-events/1st-scic-international-music-cochlear-implant-symposium/

• HearPeers Heroes

Congratulations, Ivana. You must be very excited. Australia is a beautiful country. Which part will you be going to? Will your presentation be online somewhere that we can hear and see it?

Tnx Sandy!

The congress will be held in Brisbane - regarding your question, I do not know... I have never been the participant in the oral session so I am not sure about that part.

After that - few days of fun: Sydney. Laughing

I could choose whether I want to go to Sydney or Melbourne - It was hard to choose between these 2 destinations but I have chosen Sydney although I was tickled a lot by the Great Ocean Road at the south and 12 Apostles (When I am going somewhere I prefer nature and landscapes).

But an acquaintance of mine said to me for a great beer in Sydney and with all other aspects like - having a possibility to hear a performance in the remarkable Sydney Opera House outweigh this choice Cool

You know, my earliest memories actually tie me for Australia - one of my mother's closest friend was in Australia 2 months when I was child (3-4 years old) and when she returned home she made a home presentation of her photos from Australia. I do not remember all of them, but through a foggy clouds of my childhood I am recalling some parts from my deepest memory shoe-box. Wink

• HearPeers Heroes

Ivanka,

have a look at this link - see if you can extend your trip to Sydney.

It looks like an interesting event - and you can meet me!

http://www.scic.org.au/our-activities/clinical-events/1st-scic-international-music-cochlear-implant-symposium/

Hi Matt,

I wanted to contact you but I wasn't sure whether you actually live in Sydney because after Brisbane I will make a short trip there and actually hoping if we can see each other. Cool

Unfortunately, on May 11th I have to be back in Brisbane on my flight home. Cry

• 1 month later...
  • HearPeers Heroes

So - UPDATE! Smile

Travelling in 2 days, presentation is done - hope it will satisfied the audience Undecided

Today I made speech audiometry in free field and got 98% - terrific feeling I have to say. ;)

• HearPeers Heroes

It doesn't look like I'll be going to my conference and I am scheduled to work the weekend of the 10/11 but I will make sure we meet. My couch is unfortunately booked with a long term guest - where are you staying in Sydney?