New member having 2nd cochlear surgery today

Kellygood

Hi I’m Kelly I have sudden sensorineural hearing loss caused by enlarged vestibular aqueduct. I lost my hearing July 2018. I have an implant in my right ear already, surgery was July 10 2019. Today I’m getting implanted in my left ear. I’m really excited about it but also nervous because I know what to expect. I’m doing this alone I don’t think my family understands that I’m completely deaf without my implants, or they don’t want to accept it. Sorry I’m rambling on I’m leaving in about 2 hours for the hospital so I’m quite nervous. Anyway I thought being a part of a community of people going through similar circumstances  would help me deal with the situation better myself and also understand my condition a little better.  Have a wonderful day 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Kellygood

Wishing you the absolute best !  Having bilateral CIs has been amazing.

Which processors do you use?

Let us know how things go!

• HearPeers Heroes

@Kellygood best of wishes for your surgery!  Being bilateral is wonderful - I hope everything goes well for you!

I’m doing good. It was difficult in the beginning but is getting better now.  I have the nexus 7 processors. I get my 2nd CI turned on March 5th I’m very excited. Thanks to everyone who has responded It’s nice to have support through this