Microphone for bimodal

EvaD

I am considering Med-El for a single cochlear implant and have a question about the HA on the other ear. From what I read on this forum, the audiolink will work as a microphone for the Sonnet 1 and 2 but will not transmit to the HA. Do some of you have a solution to this problem perhaps using other technology? I am thinking that perhaps if I choose Med-El for my implant I could install a Roger receiver in the Sonnet and purchase a Phonak HA that works with the Roger Pen with or without an additional receiver.  Any suggestions?

Thanks. Eva

• HearPeers Heroes

@EvaD

Yes you can do that.  Roger receivers are compatible with Med-El Sonnet 1 and 2 with the Roger 21 receivers and compatible with Rondo 1 and 2 with Roger MyLink neckloop receivers.

If your hearing aid has an active telecoil, you can easily use my favorite device for streaming ...Artone 3 MAX BT neckloop.  It would be picked up in both your Med-El processors and your HA (as long as the hearing aid has an active telecoil).

Here is a link to my review of Artone.

http://www.handsonhearing.com/user-review-on-artone-3-max-bluetooth-neckloop/