ABI from Western Australia with NF2. Hi!

HannahMcP

Hello,

I'm Hannah and i recently had surgery to remove an acoustic neuroma and insert an Auditory Brainstem Implant. I now have right-sided deafness. I have Neurofibromatosis Type 2 (NF2) which caused the acoustic neuroma to grow. 

I'm super new to all of this. My ABI switch-on was last week and i'm currently still figuring out how to charge/clean/use my Sonnet 2 processor. Wild! I'm looking forward to trying some funky colours and designs. It's fantastic that this forum is available for us hard-of-hearing people to communicate with each other around the world (especially during these crazy times). 

Happy to learn more about it all and say hi to people, especially if there are any other ABIs out there. But not exclusively, of course :)

• HearPeers Heroes

@HannahMcP

Welcome to HearPeers and congratulations on your ABI and Sonnet 2!

We have members from Australia.

Your implant is different than a CI but the need for aural rehab is the same so check out our REHAB topic for great ideas.

We are happy to answer any questions you have about your Sonnet 2.

Wishing you the best!

• HearPeers Heroes

Hi @HannahMcP!

I am also in Western Australia. I have Sonnet 1  CI for right sided deafness, acquired from illness at age 38. I am 12 months post activation this week.

I am a huge fan of funky colours - I use skinit decals on my processor, I'm on my third set now! I decided to change them with every new microphone cover. Do whatever makes it feel like a part of you :)